Stock Controller Purchasing
Purchasing & Stock Controller, Greenwich, South East London
The Company is one of the UK's leading independent bakeries. Founded by former Michelin Starred chef, the bakery has built as strong reputation as the go-to supplier of the widest range of quality handcrafted breads, cakes and pastries in the capital. Today they work with organisations of all sizes throughout the food industry and are dedicated to using traditional baking techniques while being committed to excellence across every aspect of their business.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the primary focus of the Purchasing and Stock Controller role is ensure the accurate ordering and recording of stock and stock movements along with initiating purchase orders and maintaining strong supplier relationships including price negotiations. The role will be pivotal in ensuring sufficient stock is held in order to meet production requirements while also ensuring that raw materials and packaging are purchased at the best possible prices, along with ensuring that all data relating to stock items are up to date and correct. This is considered a pivotal role within the Company.
- Generating Purchase orders from MRP, ensuring POs are approved and sent to suppliers, matching GRNs with POs on receipt of goods and matching invoices
- Ensuring stock is received in line with POs
- Ensuring system data is correct, accurate and up to date on the system
- Ensuring all technical data required for ingredients and packaging are received in a timely manner and updated to the system
- Ensuring supplier prices are in accordance with those negotiated and in line with what has been entered into the system
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers and challenging all proposed price increases and negotiating any prices changes the Company requires
- Booking in all stock transaction
- Manage, coordinate and perform all stock takes and cycle counting activities and ensuring the system is in line with counts on a timely basis
- Maintaining required stock levels in order to ensure that stock is available for production at all times
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience of a similar role
- Fully computer literate with good excel skills and ERP system experience
- A high level of administrative skills along with being highly organised and detail focused and methodical
- Enthusiastic and passionate with an ability to engage with staff members at all levels within the organisation
Salary: £22,000-£25,000 + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people in the following: Stock Control, Production Planner, Materials Controller, Planning Coordinator, Scheduler, Purchasing, Stock Controller, Supply Chain Coordinator, Materials Planner, Inventory Scheduling, Packaging Coordinator, FMCG Manufacturer, Food Manufacturing, Production, Greenwich, SE London, Canary Wharf, Sretford, Peckham, Woolwich