Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Building Surveyor to join our team in London. The successful applicant will join us on a full time permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £40,000 per annum.
When you join Peabody, you join an extensive and growing business. One with 29,000 homes, 80,000 residents and a 150-year history. As a major housing association we have outstanding challenges for people with talent and motivation. But we also have a strong commitment to the ideals of our philanthropist founder: George Peabody. That means you'll have every chance to achieve - while making a difference.
Our principles are simple: we believe in helping people and communities to grow, in estates that are springboards - not safety nets. With operations in nearly every London borough and one of the sector's largest community regeneration programmes, we're always keen to meet talented people who support our ambitions.
As the Building Surveyor, you will ensure that Peabody's residents receive a high quality, customer focused responsive repairs service and that Peabody's homes and commercial properties are effectively and efficiently maintained to the required standard, with a high emphasis on customer satisfaction.
Knowledge/experience/skills required by the Building Surveyor
- Proven ability to provide a customer focused repairs service and demonstrates commitment to customer service, satisfaction and diversity
- Proven building surveying ability with a good level of construction technology and contract administration knowledge
- Ability to understand, communicate and implement technical solutions to building problems
- Ability to work in partnership with a contractor to deliver repairs solutions and identify service improvement options
- Ability to convey information to others by way of written reports and technical specifications
- Demonstrable experience and skills managing customer relationships to ensure a high level of customer care and satisfaction
- In depth knowledge of Schedule of Rates and methods of measurement
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety and other legislation relevant to the role
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and experience of Housing Management/Repairs database
- Full UK Drivers licence and use of vehicle
- Working at heights
Qualifications required by the Building Surveyor
- Educated to degree level in in Building Studies
Peabody also provides an attractive list of benefits
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance - three times pensionable salary
- Discounted medical scheme
- Gym discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care
- Season Ticket Loan
- Referral Scheme
Closing date & time: 27/03/2017 - 5pm
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Building Surveyor please click ‘Apply' now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST