Functional Skills Tutor
- Full Time
Functional Skills Trainer - Medway Kent
Full time amd perm
£23000 to £24000 per annum
CMD Recruitment Ltd is supporting a National Training Provider to recruit a functional skills / skills for life trainer .
The functional skills tutor will work out of the office based in Chatham . This will be working on the "Enhancing Apoprenticeships Contract " The learners will be seeking a place on traineeship or apprenticeship programme and thus the teaching will be to small groups or a one to one basis will be required to upskill learners in functional skills and employability skills
The tutor will be embedding Maths , Englsih and ICT skills and will be required to have an adult teaching qualification equal to CTTLS ( level 4)
Knowledge skills & experience
The ideal candidate will have the following :
- Have a minimum of GCSE Grade C for Maths and English or equivalent;
- Experience of delivering Functional Skills Level 1 and Level 2 Qualifications in Mathematics & English (ICT Desirable)
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification: Minimum Level 4 Award in Education & Training, CTTLS , Cert Ed, PGCE, City and Guilds 9285 or 730 or equivalent;
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Numeracy & Literacy delivery
- Ability to work remotely
- IT Literate in Microsoft Office
- Proven experience working and meeting KPIs and targets
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding practices and legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people: colleagues, external partners and agencies
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
- Ability to meet deadlines
You’ll need to be a people person and you will be representing and promoting the Company values.
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
As a Disability Confident and Investors in Diversity organisation, this provider is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. A guaranteed interview scheme is offered for applicants with a disability who meet the minimum selection criteria.
If this role sounds of interest please do forward your cv to Lesley Price for a confidential conversation and more information
Apply for Functional Skills Tutor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly