Internal Communications Associate
Internal Communications Associate
Ofcom is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries. We regulate the TV, radio, fixed-line telecoms, mobile telecoms and postal sectors, plus the radio spectrum over which wireless devices operate.
The Internal Communications team is responsible for communicating with around 800 colleagues across Ofcom through a variety of channels including email, intranet and internal presentations. We also manage all internal events, both onsite and in venues across the UK.
We are looking for someone with excellent writing and design skills who can produce well-written, visually engaging content for internal and external audiences.
One of our main areas of responsibility is supporting Ofcom through an organisational change programme which includes moving to agile working and taking on new regulatory duties for the BBC. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the Head of Internal Communications on all of this.
- Write, edit and publish content for the internal intranet
- Actively seek engaging stories from around the business for the intranet
- Maintain and update publishing grid
- Copy edit and proof read a variety of content, including emails, posters, presentations and stories for the intranet
- Create posters and banners to promote events and communications campaigns
- Produce striking graphics for presentations, intranet stories and communications campaigns
- Assist in the filming and editing of videos for internal and external audiences
- Come up with new and creative ways for telling our story visually
- Find suitable venues for a range of external meetings throughout the year
- Assist with all internal events, from workshops to large-scale conferences
- Assist with the design and build of presentations and other material, including researching and editing pictures and other content
- Be a key point of contact for the Internal Communications team, managing the Internal Communications email inbox and answering telephone queries
- Meet and greet people from across the business to build relationships
- Be comfortable and confident dealing with colleagues at all levels
- Schedule and arrange meetings
- Manage all room bookings for a wide range of internal events and meetings
- Maintain and update reference area of the intranet, such as policy documents
- Provide general admin support to the Internal Communications team
- Update existing Excel spreadsheets and create new ones as required
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent presentational, verbal and writing skills (and a desire to improve these)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to get involved
- Ability to juggle and prioritise a range of work and projects
- Proficient user of MS Office, particularly Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proficient user of Adobe design apps such as Photoshop, Illustrator or Indesign
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Ofcom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to equality of opportunity for all. As an accredited Two Ticks employer disabled candidates who meet all the essential criteria of a job description will be guaranteed an interview. If you have a disability or special need and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please do so by contacting Ofcom.
To apply for the role of Internal Communications Associate, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Internal Communications Associate, Internal, Communications, Comms, Content, Publish, Events, Marketing Assistant, Junior Marketing Executive, Marketing Communications Assistant, Marcomms Executive, Communications Assistant.