Junior Creative Artworker
Our client is a multi-award winning, small but rapidly growing, product and Media Company. They develop and market cutting-edge, innovative, eco-friendly FMCG & other household products.
Their office is a small but busy one and you'll need stamina to keep up! Their Managing Director has been awarded ‘Kent Entrepreneur of the Year' and they have just won the prestigious Queen's Award for Enterprise - they're going to need a bigger trophy cabinet! Because they are doing great things, they get a lot of attention from the national media. Their products are sold all around the world (in over 34 countries now!) in retail, mail-order and (excitingly!) on TV.
Based in Gillingham they are looking for an in-house Junior Creative Artworker to assist in their busy office. Their company is looking for energetic and enthusiastic new recruits.
Currently working in a team of two (the second person resides overseas), you will have the following responsibilities:
• Creating new packaging designs for new products in different market sectors (i.e. TV and retail)
• Creating new packaging (on both new and existing products) for their global markets
• Updating changes and amendments to packaging, labels and leaflets (i.e. addresses)
• Creating new leaflets and POS materials (sometimes in multiple languages)
• Managing all raw artwork (ai) files to ensure their internal teams, suppliers and printers receive the correct versions
• Checking and reviewing that all branding is visually consistent
• Liaising with the other art worker in your team to prioritise jobs and meet deadlines
You will ideally be educated to degree level and need to clearly demonstrate that you have experience in using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign in a commercial environment.
You'll be a perfectionist, will always insist on doing things right (even when no-one is looking) and be excited to be part of a young, rapidly growing British success story.
Specifically, you will be / have:
• Superbly organised and efficient
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Good literacy skills - a second language would be a bonus, but not essential!
• A good knowledge of Outlook
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills and ability to organise your time effectively
• Ability to work both as part of a team and on your own initiative
• Partial to a bit of table tennis / football
Due to location, your own transport is essential
Job Title: Junior Creative Artworker
Reporting to: Head of Product
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Owens Way, Gillingham
Hours: Full-time, 40 Hours per Week
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Please apply online for this Junior Creative Artworker role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received for this Junior Creative Artworker role and to follow further instructions if applicable.