Assistant Product Manager
Is this the most exciting opportunity currently available in the South East? Our client thinks so! Read on to find out why…
Our client is a multi-award winning, small but rapidly growing, product and Media Company. They develop and market cutting-edge, innovative, eco-friendly FMCG & other household products.
Their office is a small but busy one and you’ll need stamina to keep up! Their Managing Director has been awarded ‘Kent Entrepreneur of the Year’ and they have just won the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise - they’re going to need a bigger trophy cabinet! Because they are doing great things, they get a lot of attention from the national media. Their products are sold all around the world (in over 34 countries now!) in retail, mail-order and (excitingly!) on TV.
This is a uniquely challenging but incredibly rewarding role. They think it could just be the most exciting position on offer anywhere in the South East right now.
You will be playing a key role in assisting with sourcing, developing and bringing new, exciting, innovative products to market to complement their existing range and brands.
Alongside the Head of Product and Development, you’ll help identify product opportunities, how to source, compare and choose suppliers and bring products to market quickly and efficiently. When you see a product you’ve developed on a supermarket shelf or a TV screen, you’ll smile. Doesn’t that sound exciting?
You’ll play a key role in assisting with new product development - from working with your team on initial identification / conception through to sourcing suppliers, quality assurance and ultimately delivery of a final product.
You will be a “can-do” type, happy to turn your hand to almost anything, getting “stuck in” to get the job done. Missing a deadline is not in your DNA.
It’s a varied role, no two days will be the same. They are looking for an independent thinker who can happily work on their own but also gel with others to work as part of a team.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Amongst other things, you will be responsible for the following:
• Assisting the Head of Product to help identify new product opportunities and to extend or complement their existing range
• Assist in sourcing, comparing and choosing suppliers for new products
• Devising and carrying out full test regimes for new products
• Working with suppliers to ensure that products are always of the highest quality, meeting their exacting standards
• Working with their in-house graphic designer to scope and shape the look and feel of product packaging
• Developing packaging and copy in the company tone of voice
• Submitting new products to their clients and co-managing the Quality Assurance process
Please Note: There may be some occasional UK and overseas travel required for this role
You will ideally be educated to degree level and can demonstrate a keen interest and/or experience in product development.
However, a key focus for them to find someone with drive, enthusiasm and the desire to work hard to get the job done; someone who wants to be part of something special.
You’ll be a perfectionist, will always insist on doing things right (even when no-one is looking) and be excited to be part of a young, rapidly growing British success story.
Specifically, you will be / have:
• Knowledge of New Product Development processes
• Superbly organised and efficient with a confident manner
• Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
• Exceptional computer literacy with a superb knowledge of the Windows environment and its applications, especially MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Unrivalled communication skills and confident working with suppliers / agencies
• Ability to work both as part of a team and on your own initiative
• Partial to a bit of table tennis / football
Due to location, your own transport is essential.
Job Title: Assistant Product Manager
Reporting to: Head of Product and Development
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Gillingham, Kent
Hours: Full time, 40 Hours per Week
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Please apply online for this Assistant Product Manager role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received for this Assistant Product Manager role and to follow further instructions if applicable.