Cultural Programme Manager
Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Cultural Programme Manager to join our team in Thameshead. The successful applicant will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum.
Peabody is looking for an experienced, talented and energetic individual to manage Peabody’s cultural programme and activities in Thamesmead. We are looking for someone with a passion for contemporary arts and culture and a strong understanding and interest in the role of arts and culture in supporting regeneration.
Peabody, in partnership with the Royal Borough of Greenwich and the London Borough of Bexley, is embarking on an extensive regeneration programme for Thamesmead in South East London that will span 30 years, build thousands of new homes and support both existing and new communities of 100,000 residents. We are passionate about the role arts and culture should play in this regeneration programme and in helping Thamesmead to meet its full potential. A newly appointed Head of Cultural Strategy for Thamesmead is developing a long term programme which will embed culture into everyday life, develop partnerships with high profile organisations, and ensure that creative jobs and industries are a part of Thamesmead’s future. We are also working up our plans to celebrate Thamesmead’s 50th anniversary in 2018 with a programme of events, activities and artistic commissions.
Key Responsibilities of our Cultural Programme Manager:
As our Cultural Programme Manager you will manage the exciting, varied and complex programme of work, build relationships with creative professionals; deliver ambitious projects in collaboration with our communities; widen our arts and culture offer; and raise the profile of Thamesmead.
The key elements of this role are the management of local partnerships with youth organisations and agencies from all sectors to address the issue of youth homelessness, the allocation of tenancies to young people, the management and allocation of personal budgets and the delivery of personalised interventions to support vulnerable young people to progress.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by our ideal Cultural Programme Manager:
- Proven experience of delivering arts, culture and heritage projects in a regeneration context, with a focus on resident engagement, outdoor programming and supporting creative and cultural industries.
- Demonstrable knowledge of how arts, culture and heritage can support area-based regeneration
- Significant experience of effectively managing arts, culture and heritage professionals within a regeneration setting
- Experience of overseeing and co-ordinating multiple cultural projects from a range of delivery partners
- IT skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Experience of working in partnership with RSLs/local authorities - desirable
- Experience of resident involvement - desirable
Closing date & time: 23rd April 2017
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Cultural Programme Manager please click ‘Apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.