Training & Apprenticeship Advisor
We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At PROCAT we are currently looking for two Training & Apprenticeship Advisors to come and join our team. The successful candidates will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of up to £32,000 including London weighting for the Ilford role. We have two positions available for this role, one based at our campus in Basildon and the other based at our campus in Ilford, although initial training will be undertaken at Basildon for both roles.
PROCAT is a specialist college which has been established to meet the workforce development needs of businesses which operate in sectors which are critical to the UK economy. This includes advanced apprenticeships to secure a pipeline of new talent, higher and degree apprenticeships to support and develop the expertise and skills of the existing workforce in both Engineering, Construction, Utilities and Infrastructure.
About the Training & Apprenticeship Advisor role
Provide a training needs analysis and recruitment and training advice services to employers across the sectors that PROCAT serve. Using the advice of the student recruitment team; selecting suitable potential Apprentices for placement with employers. Providing after placement support and account management services to employers.
Key Responsibilities of our Training & Apprenticeship Advisor
- Responsible for the meeting the recruitment targets for Apprenticeship starts and commercial training courses.
- Encourage employers to undertake technical training and take on apprentices through PROCAT and generally promote apprenticeships through careers events, exhibitions etc.
- Visit new and existing employers to explain the benefits of technical professional development and apprenticeships and promote membership of the GTA Committee.
- Ensuring that accurate data and reporting through the college’s databases.
- Ensure promotion of the Faculties and ‘PROCAT model’ to employers and students, recruiting and retaining GTA members.
- Work with Head of Faculty/ faculty staff members to provide advice on training and course design.
- Liaise with the Commercial team to ensure that professional development training requirements are progressed and delivered to client specification.
- Co-ordinate the selection of apprentices by employers.
- Ensure Pre Placement Checks and annual reviews are undertaken.
- Ensure 12 weekly progress reviews are undertaken and that there is effective communication with the apprentice and employer including: the learning plan, student progress, assessments and ensure that work experience is linked as far as possible to off the job training.
- Account Management of key employers and being the first point of contact to employer accounts
What we’re looking for in our Training & Apprenticeship Advisor
- Knowledge and experience of Recruitment, ideally working with Apprentices and young people
- Experience of working to targets
- Good communicator, able to communicate at all levels of PROCAT and Employers.
- Account management skills
- Encouraging and negotiating professional development courses and the take up of apprentices by employers
- Manage issues, complaints and conflicts with employers
- Professional written communication skills - Able to respond to queries accurately and efficiently
- Demonstrates the PROCAT values in all areas
- Experience in undertaking Training Needs Analysis is advantageous
We are always looking for candidates interested in an exciting career in work-based learning and business training. So if this sounds like the perfect role for you and you’d like to join us as our new Training & Apprenticeship Advisor, then please click ‘apply’ today - don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!