Front of House Receptionist
Front of House Receptionist - Bradbury Centre
Salary grade point 13 to point 15 (£16,491 to £17,072) pro rata
22 hours per week (Wednesday to Friday)
Contract type: Permanent
HARP (Homeless Action Resource Project) is an exciting and innovative organisation for the homeless that provides accommodation, advice and support tailored to the specific needs of homeless people in the Southend-on-Sea area to enable them to live independently within the community.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate person to join our Homeless Prevention Team at The Bradbury Centre. This opportunity is based in a busy and energetic environment. We require a highly dynamic individual to co-ordinate the service user's journey through the Centre providing a welcoming atmosphere and a customer focused approach. The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to establish trust and maintain a good rapport with service users; including identifying and raising concerns regarding safeguarding.
- An empathy and understanding for homeless people, especially those who may have complex needs.
- Skill and confidence in customer care and the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including service users, donators, professional agencies and members of the public.
- The skills to work both on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage difficult situations, and deal with them calmly, efficiently and effectively.
HARP operates a workplace pension through The People's Pension. You will automatically be enrolled into the pension scheme if you qualify. In this case, HARP will make a contribution to the pension and you will also be required to make a contribution (which will be made via a deduction from your pay).
Further information is provided separately which includes details of contributions and how to contact the pension provider. HARP reserves the right to change pension provider at its absolute discretion.
Please refer to the Person Specification to complete the Supporting Statement section in the application form when applying the post.
For full details and to apply, please download the job description / person specification and application form from our website by clicking apply.
If you are filling in the forms electronically, please ensure that you save the completed PDF files to your PC. After checking that you meet the criteria outlined in the Job Description and Person Specification, please complete the Job Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (found in the Application Guidance Notes) and return them to the address shown below. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU MARK YOUR APPLICATION FORM WITH THE CORRECT JOB REFERENCE: REC1
Closing Date: 9th May 2017 (noon)
Short listing Day: 15th May 2017
Interview Day: 22nd May 2017
Charity No: 1098126
HARP is an Equal Opportunities Employer