Rent and Service Charge Support Officer
Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Rent and Service Charge Support Officer to join our team in London. The successful applicant will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £30,931 - £37,000 per annum.
When you join Peabody, you join an extensive and growing business. One with 27,000 homes, 80,000 residents and a 150-year history. As a major housing association we have outstanding challenges for people with talent and motivation. But we also have a strong commitment to the ideals of our philanthropist founder: George Peabody. That means you'll have every chance to achieve - while making a difference.
Our principles are simple: we believe in helping people and communities to grow, in estates that are springboards - not safety nets. With operations in nearly every London borough and one of the sector's largest community regeneration programmes, we're always keen to meet talented people who support our ambitions.
As a Rent and Service Charge Support Officer your main responsibility will be to maximise the efficient and effective inputting of rent and service charge data onto Peabody's key financial systems. This activity will be vital for the successful setting of rents, for the calculation of service charge estimates and actuals as well ensuring that income is accounted in an efficient manner.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by our Rent and Service Charge Support Officer:
- You will be keen to be multi skilled and be able to be involved in a series of different activities
- You will also naturally inquisitive and keen to explore how processes can be improved, automated or removed for the benefit of the organisation and/or the customer
- Experience of using housing management systems and financial systems (SUN and QL is desirable).
- Knowledge and experience of rent and service charge processes is desirable
- Strong IT skills and the ability to accurately input large quantities of data onto a system
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Ability to complete a series of tasks at the same time to different deadlines.
- Experience of identifying and implementing improvements to process and procedures
- Experience of process mapping is desirable
As our Rent and Service Charge Support Officer you will receive this attractive list of benefits:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance - three times pensionable salary
- Discounted medical scheme
- Gym discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle scheme
- Eye care
- Season Ticket Loan
- Referral Scheme
Closing date & time: 23/04/17 at 5pm
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Rent and Service Charge Support Officer please click ‘Apply' now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.