Salary - £37,500 to £40,000 per annum
Location - Croydon, UK
Job Type - Full Time
Job Status - Permanent
Job Reference Number - WisbyPM032017
Closing date for application: 12 May 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Wisby Ltd for a Procurement Manager to join our team in Croydon, UK.
Wisby is a full service digital agency. We offer cost-effective solutions allowing our clients to develop the online aspects to their business. With open source software solutions, and a range of online marketing and management services such as PPC, SEO, Customer Services, Buying and Product sourcing, our dedicated team is working with specialist teams to create and develop insightful online success stories.
Based in our South London (Croydon) office, we firmly believe in recruiting bright, enthusiastic individuals who add further expertise to our already flourishing team.
- Manage the purchasing function effectively, ensuring robust systems are in place to buy the right products and services such as different e-commerce services, products for healthcare companies at the right time whilst achieving the best price and the best levels of service from suppliers.
- Interpret purchasing data, write reports and make presentations to managers within the business.
- Manage and negotiate with all key suppliers, ensuring they operate to the quality standards that company expect.
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers.
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors.
- Manage supplier selection process, audits and appropriate records.
- Management of logistics to ensure cost-effective movement to meet production requirements.
- Attend meetings and trade conferences.
- Research new trends, products and suppliers.
- Ensure contract compliance with all key suppliers.
We are looking for someone who has
- Possess solid experience within a similar level with cross-category expertise ideally within either e-commerce / Distribution / Logistics / IT.
- Be a dynamic self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Possess innovative ability to create opportunities through supplier, stakeholder and excellent category management.
- Experience of people management with a proven track record for people development. Must have demonstrable leadership capability leading through teams.
- Extensive direct and in-direct cross category buying experience with companies.
- Excellent negotiation skills with detailed knowledge of contract law, structuring & documentation of agreements.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to influence at senior levels.
- Be a good team player with ability to work effectively as part of the Group Procurement Team, Procurement Leadership Team and as part of virtual teams across the Group.
The position will suit a person who has proven themselves in an e-commerce environment and who is searching for greater responsibility and rewards.