Software Engineer - Visual C++
Software Engineer based in Lingfield (RH7) offering a salary of £36,000 to £50,000 plus benefits.
Award winning Mark Roberts Motion Control ltd, the World's leading company in Robotic Camera and Motion Control equipment, is expanding and requires an experienced and talented Visual C++ Software Engineer.
The role of Software Engineer:
The position is in the Software Design section within our R&D Department, whose primary designs are pan/tilt and multi-axis robotic camera systems.
Our products are used in the Motion picture and Broadcast industries. We are at the cutting edge of both Robotic and Computer Vision Technology.
Software Engineer responsibilities:
- Writing software for controlling the company's various electromechanical products, including award winning robot arms
- Dealing with tasks ranging from customer facing GUI development to mathematical & control algorithms
- Building applications, configuring and testing robots
- Maintaining and improving the current motion planning framework
- Maintaining and designing control algorithms
The ideal Software Engineer:
- Proven track record of Visual C++ Experience
Advantageous in order of importance
- Multithreading applications
- Real Time Development
- QT and/or QML programming experience
- MFC Experience
- Basic Electronics skills
- Graphical UI & UX design and coding
- Experience with Texas Instruments Code Composer Development Environment
- Vision Analysis / OpenCV skills
- Robotics experience
- Experience within the broadcast, filming or gaming industries
- iOS and/or OSX development skills
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline is preferred
What we offer:
We are a robotics company doing some serious hardware and software engineering, and based in Surrey. By robots we mean robotic arms, rigs and pods, the ones that are used on Movie, TV Studio and E-Commerce sets to capture motion and stills. Our robots are all over the news and a good number of recent movies and sporting events would not do without us, these include Dr Strange, Rio Games, Game of Thrones and Wimbledon.
We produce great products and we work great as a team. We absolutely love our engineers, they are, truly and fully, in the centre of everything we do.
And on top of all that, we have recently merged with imaging giant Nikon Corporation to expand our horizons and flourish even further, thus we set our sails for growth and would like to take talented and skilled employees with us!
MRMC will be delighted to hear from you. Please apply with your up to date CV highlighting your matching skills and experience. Closing Date for applications is 15th May 2017.
Mark Roberts Motion Control is an equal opportunities employer.