Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our team in London. The successful applicant will join us on a full time permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £37,140 - £45,000 per annum.
When you join Peabody, you join an extensive and growing business. One with 27,000 homes, 70,000 residents and a 150-year history. As a major housing association we have outstanding challenges for people with talent and motivation. But we also have a strong commitment to the ideals of our philanthropist founder: George Peabody. That means you'll have every chance to achieve - while making a difference.
Our principles are simple: we believe in helping people and communities to grow, in estates that are springboards - not safety nets. With operations in nearly every London borough and one of the sector's largest community regeneration programmes, we're always keen to meet talented people who support our ambitions.
This Management Accountant role is a great opportunity to join a high performing team that provides high quality financial information, support and advice to budget holders across the Asset Strategy and Delivery and Communities directorates.
Your role, through working closely with budget holders, stakeholders and other finance colleagues, will be to ensure that the Service Areas provide excellent financial information on a timely basis to help them run their business.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by our ideal Management Accountant
- CCAB qualified accountant/Passed Finalist.
- Experience of month end financial closedown and associated reporting requirements.
- Strong spreadsheet skills (Excel).
- Knowledge of accounting software (particularly Sun Accounts).
- Ability to effectively communicate financial concepts/statistics to finance and non-finance staff.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines and targets.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and presentation.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by our ideal Management Accountant
- Knowledge of FRS 102 and SORP (Housing and Charity).
- Change management skills.
- Working knowledge of Vision reporting.
Closing date & time: 12/05/17 5pm
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Management Accountant please click ‘Apply' now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST