Assistant Management Accountant
Peabody has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Management Accountant to join our team in London. The successful applicant will join us on a full time permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £30,931 - £37,500 per annum.
When you join Peabody, you join an extensive and growing business. One with 27,000 homes, 70,000 residents and a 150-year history. As a major housing association we have outstanding challenges for people with talent and motivation. But we also have a strong commitment to the ideals of our philanthropist founder: George Peabody. That means you'll have every chance to achieve - while making a difference.
Our principles are simple: we believe in helping people and communities to grow, in estates that are springboards - not safety nets. With operations in nearly every London borough and one of the sector's largest community regeneration programmes, we're always keen to meet talented people who support our ambitions.
Are you keen to start a career in Finance? If so, this is an opportunity to start a career in Peabody's Finance Service as an Assistant Management Accountant.
This role will be within the Housing and Community Investment Finance Management Reporting Team where in this varied role, you will be part of a team that provides high quality financial information to enable and influence senior management decision making.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by our ideal Assistant Management Accountant
- AAT Qualified or working towards completion of a CCAB accounting qualification. (Although strong applications may be shortlisted if there is demonstrable commitment to commencing studying for an accountancy qualification).
- Experience of working in or with a large finance department.
- High competence level in spreadsheets (e.g. Excel) and accounting software (e.g. Sun Accounts).
- Ability to effectively communicate financial concepts/statistics to non-finance staff.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by our ideal Assistant Management Accountant
- Previous experience within a housing association or the charity sector.
- Working knowledge of Vision/Q&A reporting.
- An understanding of the concepts key to budgeting, financial planning and forecasting.
Closing date & time: 12/05/17 5pm
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Assistant Management Accountant please click ‘Apply' now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST