4 days left
- Full Time
The World’s leading company in Robotic Camera and Motion Control equipment, is expanding and requires an experienced and imaginative Production Engineer.
THE ROLE OF PRODUCTION ENGINEER
The candidate will be working on large robotic systems using cutting edge technologies in the film and broadcast industries.
Working as part of the Research and Development team you will work closely with both the R&D team and production departments (internal and external) to ensure that the company’s products are manufactured efficiently and optimised for cost. The role is primarily concerned with ensuring that products are easily transferred from engineering to mass production as well as designing out cost of products as volume increases.
Responsible for the development of clear manufacturing documentation, test processes and associated test hardware / software. In addition, the candidate will also need broad electronic product knowledge in order to be able to actively contribute feedback for changes to the products to help reduce product cost.
- Interface between R&D and Production.
- Product cost control and optimization for volume manufacturing.
- Produce clear and concise production documentation.
- Production test fixture design and creation of associated test software.
- Setup and maintenance of engineering development and production test devices and fixtures.
- Lead and support engineering to resolve production technical issues, ensuring all investigation work is documented.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Writing of test instructions to be used by production.
- Writing clear and concise documentation for manufacturing.
- Writing testing test specifications derived from design documentation.
- Previous production engineer experience in a manufacturing, 'hands on' environment, ideally an electro-mechanical background.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word/Excel/Project/Visio).
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written and able to communicate clearly with all levels of the company.
In addition, some experience of the following be an advantage:
- Writing Windows programs for test using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- 2D / 3D CAD knowledge (Solidworks/Autocad).
- Understanding of theory and experience of implementing Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Basic ability on manual machining equipment (lathe, turret mill).
- Knowledge of material processing processes including plastic injection moulding, rubber moulding, metal casting, metal finishing.
You will be
- A curious and creative person with ideas and a breadth of areas to draw on.
- A questioning and logical thinker devoted to fearlessly driving quality higher by performing root cause analysis for bugs.
- A hands-on team player willing to do what is required.
- Able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple priorities.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are a robotics company doing some serious hardware and software engineering, and based in Surrey. By robots we mean robotic arms, rigs and pods, the ones that are used on Movie, TV Studio and E-Commerce sets to capture motion and stills. Our robots are all over the news and a good number of recent movies and sporting events would not do without us, these include Dr Strange, Rio Games, Game of Thrones and Wimbledon.
We produce great products and we work great as a team. We absolutely love our engineers, they are, truly and fully, in the centre of everything we do.
And on top of all that, we have recently merged with imaging giant Nikon Corporation to expand our horizons and flourish even further, thus we set our sails for growth and would like to take talented and skilled employees with us!