Point 21 (currently £20,138 FTE), term time only (38 weeks plus 5 training days) 35 hours per week, paid pro-rata
Required to start June 2017
Cottenham Village College is a successful 11-18 school that is part of the Cottenham Academy. We have excellent academic results and excellent behaviour achieved via very strict systems.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding individual who is able to fulfil the following roles:
- To manage and coordinate the day to day function and development of the College’s behaviour room (Blue Room), maintaining a positive, productive and near silent working environment.
- To administrate and supervise the Blue Room and coordinate work from relevant subject areas, including the use of resources designed to support learning and reflection.
- Resolve situations involving young people as required (eg conflict between pupils and staff, pupils and pupils).
- Work with pupils at risk to reduce the likelihood of exclusion, maintaining very high expectations.
- Proactively contact parents of pupils that the postholder works with, including coordinating communication between home and school in the first instance.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection.
Closing date for applications: Friday 19th May 2017 at 9.00am
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 25th May 2017
For an application pack and further details of the post, please contact Mrs S O’Mullane, Headteacher’s PA - click the apply button for details
Visits to the school are encouraged and should be arranged through Mrs O’Mullane. Please note we are unable to accept CVs. Applicants who have not been called for interview can assume their application has not been successful. Cottenham Village College is committed to safe-guarding and promoting the welfare of children.
The successful applicants will be expected to undergo a DBS check. Cottenham Village College is a high achieving school (P8 +0.4, over 70% 5A-C incl. English and maths, over two-fifths 3A/A at GCSE) with excellent standards of conduct. Join us on the journey to be world class.