PHP Team Lead
My client are the UK's largest email marketing automation platform, sending and tracking millions of emails every day for some of the world's best companies. Their Magento extension is feature rich, enormously successful, and provides millions of pounds of revenue for dotmailer. As a Magento Premier technology partner, their growth is continuing, and they need help!
They are a close-knit, hard-working team based on the 20th floor of amazing offices in Croydon's most iconic building, 'No. 1 Croydon' (Train line 45 minutes from Brighton, 9 minutes from Clapham Junction & 16 minutes from London Victoria).
They are looking for an accomplished PHP Team Lead to help deliver their successful dotmailer for Magento extensions (we have two - one for Magento 1, and one for Magento 2). You'll use your technical leadership skills to improve both the products, and the software processes used to deliver them.
Reporting to the head of feature development, you will be joining, and responsible for, the team - as well as working closely with their Product Management team on the product roadmap. Their extensions are open source and depended on by hundreds of well-known e-commerce companies, and they need to continue to improve them to remain the leading e-commerce integration in the industry.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Enhancing and maintaining our PHP codebases including our Magento extensions
- Line managing & developing a talented team of PHP and Magento developers
- Managing our technical partnership with Magento, and being the technical point of contact for our relationship with them
- Identifying, implementing, and championing improvements in the SDLC including:
- Automated testing
- Change and release management
- Bug tracking
- Effective source control practices
- Defining processes for how we support the extension post-delivery.
- Resource time tracking reporting
The successful candidate must have:
- 5+ years of commercial PHP development experience
- 3+ years of team management including recruitment, career and personal development, performance management, etc.
- 3+ years working in an strong Agile development environment
- Demonstrable track record of technical and process leadership
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience of working in a role where access to customer data drives strong security practices
- Significant experience of test driven development and automated testing practices
- Strong exposure to internet technologies across the board (REST, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, DNS, JSON, XML etc)
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management experience with the ability to communicate well with developers, product managers, technical support teams, and our customers
The successful candidate is also likely to:
- Have experience with Magento 1 and/or 2
- Confidence working within the LAMP stack
- Confidence working in the front end with exposure to modern JS practices
- Good understanding of modern source control techniques including strong git knowledge
- Confidence within Linux server environments
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical discipline
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading business, excellent salary and benefits are on offer for the successful candidate.
Apply for PHP Team Lead
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly