We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Plumpton College we are currently looking for a Cleaner to come and join our team based in Netherfield. You will join us on a part time, permanent basis working 10 hours per week Monday to Friday 5pm-7pm and will receive a competitive salary of £7.53 per hour.
With over 3,000 students, excellent resources and a drive for continuous quality improvement, Plumpton College is actively seeking staff with the right values and attributes who want to make a difference and be part of this exciting phase of our development.
In return as our Cleaner, we can offer you…
Once in post you will automatically become a member of the Local Government Pension Scheme and pay contributions as determined by annual salary levels. The pension scheme includes life assurance cover, and the College will also pay a contribution towards your pension. There is also free car parking and a competitively priced dining room service.
About the Cleaner role
You will be part of a team primarily responsible to the cleaning supervisor, who is in turn responsible to the Estates Manager for the internal and external daily cleaning of the College residential, office, educational and recreational areas.
Key Responsibilities of our Cleaner
- To maintain areas to a high standard of cleanliness as agreed with the Estates Manager
- Work to a priority cleaning schedule as and when required in designated areas set out by the Estates Manager
- Empty waste paper receptacles as required
- Report any damage or maintenance requirements found during the course of duty to the Estates Manager
- By agreement, assist with catering functions and accommodation preparation
- To adhere to the College safety policy, ensuring that appropriate safety standards are maintained
- Participate in an annual appraisal of performance as laid down in the agreed guidelines
- Undertake staff development appropriate to the needs of the College, department and that identified by the appraisal process
- To undertake such other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may reasonably be required by the Head of Department, Principal or other member of the Senior Management Team
- Assist with portering, room set up and other tasks requiring good manual handling skills
- Participate in all safety procedures including risk assessment reviews and the creating and adoption of safe working practices
- To participate in, and contribute to, activities involving the marketing and promotional activities of the College
- To efficiently utilise the materials and equipment supplied by the College in achieving high standards of cleaning
- To adhere to the College safety policies ensuring that appropriate safety standards are maintained during all College activities
- Maintain effective communications with other staff including attendance at departmental and staff meetings as required
- To participate in an annual appraisal of performance
- To undertake staff development appropriate to the needs of the College, department and that identified by the appraisal process
- To undertake any reasonable request made by the Estates Manager or a member of SMT commensurate with the essential criteria for this post
What we're looking for in our Cleaner
- Practical experience of following cleaning plans to a high standards
- Ability to prioritise tasks and organise own work schedule
- Ability to properly finish all tasks to a high standard and demonstrate a commitment to site presentation.
- Excellent awareness of safe working procedures and the ability to identify improvements across all tasks.
- Physically fit and able to perform practical tasks throughout the day, every working day involving manual handling.
- A good understanding an empathy with young people with the ability to challenge inappropriate behaviour and set a professional example to all college users
- Be able to adopt a flexible approach to all tasks and working hours given the occasional unplanned maintenance type emergencies that can arise
- Experience of working with minimal supervision
- Ability to record and maintain comprehensive records of building and equipment checks
- Be a good communicator and have the ability to work as a small team with a flexible approach to work
- You will also have a flexible approach to all tasks and working hours given the occasional unplanned maintenance type emergencies that can arise
If you believe you have a significant contribution to make to our future and would like to join us as the new Cleaner then please click ‘apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
Key words: Cleaner, Maintenance, Domestic, Caretaker, Cleaning