Vacancy Reference: GRP-SW-1306
Job Title: Commercial Administrator
Job Type: Full-Time; Permanent
Benefits: 20 days holiday plus bank holidays; AE pension; On-site parking
Are you a true Team Player who thrives in a fast-paced, energetic environment? Are you passionate about delivering exceptional customer service? Are you an expert in building effective customer relationships, inspiring their confidence by exceeding expectations? Do you possess outstanding organisation skills? If the answer is “yes”, then we’d love to hear from you!
Servest Group is an expert in facilities management, creating environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations to be more efficient, effective and sustainable. We have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Administrator based in the Docklands area supporting one of our biggest clients, looking after around twenty buildings.
You will be tasked with successfully managing the day-to-day smooth running of the administration element of our contract, you will help provide support to the team by dealing in a proactive manner ensuring all tasks are carried out promptly and efficiently.
Suitable candidates will possess good IT skills and those with experience of working in either billing or customer facing administration roles would be of particular interest. We would especially welcome applications from candidates with prior hard service administration experience, especially those having used Concept.
Your highly organised manner and ability to multi-task will allow you to manage your workload effectively. You will approach tasks with an analytical and methodical manner and will demonstrate high levels of confidentiality and personal integrity. We are looking for robust and reassuring candidates with excellent influencing skills who are adept at dealing with customer conflict. Your ability to deal with customers with tact, diplomacy and an empathetic manner will ensure that you can de-escalate customer discontent at what can be a stressful time for our clients. We are looking for candidates who demonstrate flexibility in their work; who are able to adapt and react quickly when priorities change and whose conscientious and tenacious nature ensure that every job is followed through to completion.
Primary duties will include:
- Monitoring job progression, update systems and complete jobs once the engineers / subcontractors have completed the work.
- Run daily reports to monitor the progress of the job from beginning to competition.
- Review purchase orders for materials and subcontractors - raised on the correct job number and ensure the correct steps are taken to release supplier payment.
- Check time records on Concept to ensure hours are allocated to the correct job numbers; check the hours on report sheets to match the correct engineer’s timesheet and uploading to relevant systems.
- Review service visits from sub-contractors.
- Collate all information relating to reactive jobs, input information onto Concept and prepare valuation spreadsheets for invoicing.
- Request accounts to raise credit notes when necessary - subject to Account Director Sign off.
- Chase missing reports / invoices, which may mean leasing with other departments.
- Produce financial reports for Contract Manager; provide information required for the monthly meetings.
- Provide proactive administrative support managing the work in progress jobs and making sure jobs are invoiced once they are complete.
- Implement changes and procedures directed by the management and finance team.
- Ensure that a full understanding of the requirements of all Contracts are established during mobilisation, handover briefing.
- Identify and manage any commercial risks to Servest in a timely manner and escalating when needed.
- Provide back-up and prepare quoted work for invoicing; submit invoices to the clients and attach all the relevant documentation.
- Maintain and develop good communication with clients, site based team, suppliers and subcontractors; producing high quality documentation, statistical data and customer reports.
- Perform general duties: photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Provide commercial and financial support to the contract manager/supervisor, working with and supporting other internal functions such as Directors, Management accountant, Business development team, Projects manager and Helpdesk.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A tenacious, highly organised and pro-active individual - You will be process orientated and will be a driving force to ensure consistent delivery. You will be skilled at working in a fast-paced environment and have the flexibility to adapt and react quickly when priorities change
- A clear, confident, articulate communicator - You will have high standards of written and oral English and an outstanding telephone manner
- An excellent relationship builder - You will be practiced at engaging with stakeholders and customers at all levels, building rapport and forging long-standing relationships
- A highly organised individual - It goes without saying that you will possess exceptional organisational and prioritisation skills with high attention to detail
- Adept at conflict resolution - You will be skilled at dealing with issues in an empathetic and pragmatic fashion, employing tact and diplomacy to ensure timely and complete solutions
- IT Literate - You will have a good understanding MS office packages
- Previous experience of having worked in a customer facing admin or hard services role would be advantageous, as would having used Concept
We deliver outstanding support to our business throughout the week, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 08:00-17:00, however flexibility to meet the needs of our business is essential.
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its’ great people - We believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more please visit us on www.servest.co.uk
Servest is an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, nationality.