Customer Insight Project Manager
Job Description Summary
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Market Research team. We are looking for a Customer Insight project manager to join our existing team, for up to 12 months, to work on a wide range of research projects across the Saga Group.
You will manage a wide variety of ad hoc research projects ranging from online qualitative research to more complex ad hoc requests. The role also involves desk research to provide insight across the business. You will need to liaise with other departments at all levels and provide additional analysis as and when requested.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone with a passion to produce high quality work, an enthusiasm to take on new challenges and learn new skills, is able to deliver consumer insight, manage a customer satisfaction programme and the ability to communicate well with colleagues in the business.
Is this the challenge you have been waiting for?
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of market research principles
- Knowledge of main markets in which Saga operates
- Knowledge of survey analysis package Questback including basic programming understanding i.e scriptwriting logic
- Excellent computer skills, literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of statistics
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and research requests with demanding deadlines
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to problem solving
- Demonstrates excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high level of numeracy
- Report writing and presentation skills at a senior level
- Extensive knowledge and experience of using TGI (Target Group Index)
- Strong knowledge and experience of Saga systems - Group UK, Discus
- Knowledge of SPSS Text Analytics and SPSS Statistics
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduate calibre with minimum 5 years research experience
- Advanced Certificate in Market Research
- Minimum Associate Member of the Market Research Society
To manage a wide variety of research projects ranging from online qualitative research to more complex ad hoc requests. This includes:
- Managing the whole research project from taking the brief from internal clients, preparing a research proposal to managing the fieldwork and reporting of the results. This requires extensive research knowledge to be able to advise on appropriate research methodology to meet internal clients objectives
- Specifying and sourcing customer sample
- Questionnaire design and scripting on specialist research software Questback
- Managing survey progress and providing field updates, ensuring quality is controlled and maintained throughout data collection
- Data analysis ranging from topline results to more in-depth analysis to provide insight.
- Providing any additional analysis when required
- Managing complex projects involving multiple external agencies and sample panel providersLiaising with external research suppliers
- Setting up projects on Questback and ensuring that Saga’s systems work with external research agency systems and panel sample providers
- Planning fieldwork and recruitment for complex projects involving external agencies
- Investigating and identifying new innovative research techniques that would benefit the business.
- Supporting research administrators in further developing their research skills.
- Deputising for line manager
- The ability to deal with staff at all levels including senior management.
- Ensure research is conducted in accordance with MRS Code of Conduct
- Manage desk research using secondary data / information, using tools such as TGI, National Statistics website, Datamonitor and Mintel