Community Support Worker
5 days left
- Full Time
Do you care? We do
Work with us to make a positive difference
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Community Support Workers to join SummerCare based in the following Areas: Southend on sea, Basildon, Benfleet, Rochford and Chelmsford.
SummerCare offers you the opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of people in our community and start a fresh career or develop an existing one!
SummerCare provide specialist support for people with learning, physical and sensory disabilities, mental health issues and older people both at home and in the community. Our high quality of care and support means we offer excellent career development and job satisfaction opportunities daily!
Staff development is encouraged with full paid for training profiles for all staff and successful applicants will be caring, flexible, professional, self-motivated, and able to work in a
team as well as on their own initiative.
As a Community Support Worker, your duties and responsibilities will be:
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the Home and report any concerns to Scheme leader.
- To carry out agreed plan to support Service Users to meet their assessed needs in order to maximise participation and inclusion in the local community.
- Liaising with others involved to ensure assessment needs are met with the agreed plan for the Service Users and their carers.
- To participate in the devising, monitoring and implementing Service Users individual personal plans.
- To record and report any situation which is in conflict with Service Users autonomy, rights and best interest.
- To ensure the Service Users dignity is respected at all times and to assist Service Users to develop their self-confidence and encourage individuals to make choices and decisions about their lives.
- To provide assistance and support as required by Service Users with finances and budgeting and to ensure all financial records within the home are accurate and up to date.
- To assist where appropriate with all aspects of the Service Users personal hygiene.
- To assist individuals to participate within the local community, escort individuals to social and recreational activities and encourage educational and cultural activities.
- To encourage Service Users we support to carry out daily living skills or when appropriate to undertake daily living tasks when a Service User is unable to do so.
- Assist Service Users in the provision of well balanced meals that meet the dietary and cultural needs of the Service User.
- To escort Service Users to various appointments such as their GP, dentist, opticians and hospital appointments.
- To liase with relatives and other professionals involved in the management and support of Service user.
- To assist Service Users in taking medication, where appropriate in accordance with the medication procedure.
- To report any complaints, accidents, incidents or potential hazardous situations to the Home Manager and ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Must be willing to undertake mandatory training and NVQ Level 3.
An ideal Community Support Workers will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Physically fit
- Experience of working with people with Learning Disabilities.
- Minimum NVQ 2 in care / LDAF
- Appointed First Aid Person Certificate
- Excellent oral communication skills and excellent written record keeping
- Ability to support service users to achieve maximum independence in daily living skills.
- Ability to work using own initiative and to manage ones own time effectively.
- Able to act decisively in a crisis and to know when to seek help.
- To liase with relatives and other professionals.
- To have a genuine interest in the care of people with learning disabilities. Ability to socialise with people of all ages, race, gender, or ethnic origin without distinction or prejudice.
- Able to undertake shift work (and split shifts as required) and to work weekend in rotation.
- Able to travel between schemes
- Driving and access to a vehicle would be desirable.
Your working hours will be: Shifts including some split shift, weekends, bank holidays and sleep in duties when required. Full and Part-Time (hours to suit) applicants are required to join our team.
In return for this you will receive a start of £7.75 per hour subject to experience, qualification and contract.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
DBS and training paid for all positions!
We are an equal opportunities employer.
recruitx ref: 961721537 / INDLP
Apply for Community Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly