Landfill Gas Technician
6 days left
- Full Time
Are you an experienced Landfill Gas Technician looking for an exciting new challenge with a leading business? If the answer is YES, we want to hear from you.
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at our Beddington Energy Recovery Facility for a Landfill Gas Technician to join the team in Beddington, working 45 hours a week.
The Landfill Gas Technician Role
The Landfill Gas Technician is responsible for undertaking the safe and effective monitoring and balancing of gas collection systems (GCS) in order to optimise Viridor's landfill gas resource. This will involve:
- Carry out other monitoring, analysis, record keeping and reporting (as necessary) on the status of gas collection systems and associated control and utilisation
- To be responsible for the upkeep and calibration of all plant, equipment and tools used in monitoring, balancing and maintenance of landfill gas management assets
- To undertake inspection of landfill gas management assets and raise work orders for maintenance and repairs when required.
- Ensure that all reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) is effective and accurately completed after each task
The Ideal Landfill Gas Technician
- Experience of working in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions
- Ideally, A conceptual understanding of landfill engineering, including containment engineering
- Ideally, Knowledge of asset management planning, and of using CMMS / SCADA
- Full driving licence
In return for your hard work as our Landfill Gas Technician, you will receive a competitive salary of £23,000 - £29,000 per annum as well as an attractive benefits package.
If you have the skills and experience to become one our Landfill Gas Technician, we want to hear from you! Click APPLY now to view the full role profile.
Closing Date: 17th July 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.