Support Worker (Male)
6 days left
- Flexible Hours
We are looking for Support Workers in the Bromley area of Kent to help our client with an Acquired Brain Injury, £12.00 - £14.00 per hour.
Our Client is a 31-year-old gentleman and is looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and active individual to work with him and the team supporting him in his own home. He has many interests which include gym, DIY, watching football and spending time with his children and family. He's also looking to start a mechanic course in September for which he will require support each day. We are looking for someone to assist in his rehabilitation, follow therapeutic guidelines and encourage him with maintaining & to further develop his independence in the community. His acquired brain injury causes him to have impaired memory, anxiety, visual difficulties, and he suffers fatigue. He requires support with initiating ideas, socialising, rehabilitation tasks, vocational and daily living life skills.
What will the role of a Support Worker involve?
- Enthusiastic character with the ability to sensitively encourage independent living.
- Be able to bring banter and have a laugh and to bring personality to the role
- Ability to support our client to live life to the full.
- Liaise with family and professionals
- Complete paperwork, documenting behaviour, and risk management.
- Support progression towards planned goals, plan & facilitate activities.
- Maintain a safe environment, maximising physical and mental well-being at all times.
What Skills will I need?
- Excellent communication, organisational and listening skills.
- A previous knowledge of acquired brain injury and/or domiciliary support work would be an advantage. Part experience is important however personality and sensitivity to clients' needs are of equal importance.
- We are looking for someone that can be equally patient, caring, supportive and fun.
- A Full UK driving licence.
What we offer:
Ongoing support, supervision and personal development. Excellent training opportunities inc; coaching from Clinical MDT lead by Neuropsychologist and Brain Injury Case Management team, QCF and Care Certificate.
Flexible working hours; weekdays mainly and availability to assist on holiday. Pay will be between £12.00-14.00 per hour, depending upon previous experience and qualification.
successful DBS Disclosure and referencing required.
The clients who we care for have the right to specify the gender of the person providing them Care and Support and under the Equality Act 2010 (Schedule 9, Part 1: general occupational requirements) we only require Male carers at the present time.
Apply for Support Worker (Male)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly