Automotive Process Engineer
Position: Automotive Process Engineer
Location: Basildon, Essex
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 / £24 to £30 per hour
The Automotive Process Engineer Role:
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic candidate to fill an Automotive Process Engineer position, based in Basildon, Essex, (expected EU travel will be 1 to 2 weeks per month on average) working with major blue-chip clients on various automotive related projects.
This is a temporary contract ending 22 December 2017. There is a good possibility to go permanent or extend this work for a further 12 months in 2018. Opportunities to extend the contract into something longer term will be discussed in Nov/Dec.
Skills & Experience Required:
- 3D viewing - being able to view vehicle in 3D viewer (like Siemens Vis-Mockup) is critical. Need to be comfortable in a 3D environment due to the amount of Digital Pre-Assembly (DPA) work. Reviewing CAD designs of ‘virtual factory'
- Teamcenter - Knowledge of the application TeamCenter and Teamcenter Buck would be an advantage
- Poka-yoke - skills of applying poka-yoke methods to process and designs
- Tooling - knowledge of assembly tooling to support the assembly process and interfacing system requirements. Determine tooling requirements and manage procurement activities
- Automotive knowledge - Working in the automotive sector would be advantage but will consider candidates with similar skills from different industries
- Manufacturing requirements - skills of using general manufacturing requirements for high volume production process
- Process knowledge - Assembly methods, sequence of operations and direct labor requirements knowledge ideally in Automotive but not essential. Able to design repeatable and reproducible manufacturing processes which produce quality and durable products. Skills in sufficient process writing with high complexity of parts. Analyze root causes of process/design issues engage in applying corrective actions
Knowledge of the following would be ideal, but not essential:
- PFMEA/FMEA - Ideally trained in Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- Six Sigma
- WERS - Knowledge of “Worldwide Engineering Releasing System”
- Ergonomics - Assess ergonomics aspects related to new process design
- GD&T - Review dimensional drawings and linear tolerances of parts
- Build events - Knowledge of “build events” with prototypes. Verification of manufacturing process feasibility and capability, and application for assembly ergonomics. Evaluation of part fit and function and support process prove out, tool installation and operator training
Excellent English communications skills, both written and verbal are required, as you will be dealing with other internal departments, and suppliers.
Our client is focused on supplying specialist engineers to the automotive industry in Europe. Their core activities are centred on End of Line (EoL) testing of in-vehicle electronic systems in a vehicle in automotive assembly plants, Powertrain, Body, Chassis and Electrical Engineering.
So what are you waiting for? If you are interested in this Automotive Process Engineer position, simply apply by submitting your CV via the button shown.
Keywords: Automotive, Process Engineer, Siemens, CAD, TeamCenter, Assembly, Poka-yoke, FMEA, Six Sigma, Build, Design, Engineering, Basildon, Essex
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.