Programme Manager (Agriculture/Animal Care)
We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Plumpton College's Netherfield Centre we are currently looking for a Programme Manager - Agriculture/Animal Care to come and support our team. The successful candidate will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 37 hours per week and will receive a competitive salary of £29,320 to £33,982 per annum.
With over 3,000 students, excellent resources and a drive for continuous quality improvement, Plumpton College is actively seeking staff with the right values and attributes who want to make a difference and be part of this exciting phase of our development. We are looking to recruit professional and ambitious individuals to form an integral part of our team at Netherfield.
You will deliver high quality, aspirational teaching on our Agricultural/Animal Care programmes which enables students to learn skills which will help them progress both academically and personally.
Key responsibilities of our Programme Manager (Agriculture/Animal Care)
- Lead on developing, delivering and enhancing teaching, learning and assessment for your allocated programme(s) in line with college strategy and programme aims and objectives.
- Ensure programme content meets the full requirements of the Awarding Body and aims to meet the needs of the relevant sector
- In liaison with Curriculum Manager and Head of Faculty, contribute to development of timetables providing high levels of student experience and meeting college resourcing targets
- Ensure individual student learning needs are met by working effectively with staff in learning support and staff delivering on the programme(s)
- Ensure a tutorial programme is developed and embedded to support academic and employment skills development as well as developing personal and social skills and competencies, referring to British Values and safeguarding priorities
- Coordinate formal reports on student progress and development and ensure relevant third parties are informed and support improvement where required
- As directed by Curriculum Manager, plan, prepare, teach assess, report and monitor to ensure highly effective lessons to a consistently good or outstanding standard; share teaching, learning and assessment (TLA) good practice and celebrate students' and others' successes
What we're looking for in our Programme Manager
The successful candidate will be an experienced manager able to demonstrate the ability to teach across a range of agricultural and Animal Management subjects and demonstrable experience and understanding of working with young people who have learning difficulties and/or disabilities. A knowledge of how to deliver outcomes identified in EHCP's is also desirable.
If you have experience of delivering agricultural and small animal care subjects and can demonstrate a desire to make a difference to young people's lives, then please apply for this exciting and rewarding post. You should have a degree in a related area (or equivalent professional qualification) and a teaching qualification or willingness to gain a relevant formal qualification.
In return as our Programme Manager (Agriculture/Animal Care), we can offer you…
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including generous holiday entitlement, membership of the Teachers' Pension Scheme, child care voucher scheme, and free on-site parking.
If you believe you have the right skills and are looking for your next career opportunity as the new Programme Manager (Agriculture/Animal Care) then please click ‘apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 19th July 2017
Interviews will be held: w/c 24th July 2017