Technical Skills Assessor CMO, PROCAT, Canvey Island, Essex
Job Purpose: To work with an allocated caseload of students/apprentices and employers to effectively plan and carry out appropriate assessment activities both in the workplace and simulated environments.
- To plan, prepare and deliver assessments of competence which meet the Ofsted criteria for 'Good' or better including the development of relevant resources
- To ensure accurate assessment and progressive feedback of learners' work against criteria
- To ensure the student's work place environment is safe and secure with adherence to relevant health and safety risk assessments
- Create, maintain and analyse accurate data in relation to learners.
- Produce effective, accurate and current records to ensure that all parties are clear where each student is at any given time and how to progress further
- To ensure learners are engaged and motivated to learn through active teaching and learning strategies that are learner-centric at all times
- To respond to and support students' additional needs with referral on to appropriate parties
- To embed and promote British Values and support and respond sensitively and empathically to student disclosures, observing confidentiality where appropriate and referring appropriately in the case of safeguarding.
Quality Measures / Outputs:
- Achievement of key performance indicators as directed by Programme Manager (achievement, pass rates, retention and attendance)
- Observations/learning walks are at required standard or above
- Learner satisfaction at 90% or above with a clear understanding of the benefits of obtaining the skills relevant to the course
- All students on caseload have required number of assessments per academic year
How outputs will be achieved:
- Develop planning for individualised learning and assessment which in-turn leads to the delivery of active and engaged learning working with relevant personnel within the faculty
- Fully implement tracking systems, monitor and complete, sharing with all stakeholders to ensure that learners understand fully what needs to happen to achieve and exceed their targets
- To contribute to reviews/progression data/registers and any other associated reports to inform both internally and externally in a timely way
- Plan and deliver appropriate assessments in accordance with awarding body criteria and work related outcomes
- Work with associated parties to ensure that where support is in place this is highlighted within planning and shared in a timely manner to enable students to exceed their aspirations.
- Embed English, maths, ICT into planning and delivery working with vocational areas to ensure learning is relevant
- Working alongside relevant stakeholders to ensure the relevant opportunities to fulfil the assessment of competence
- Participate and fully engage in CPD working, both relevant to industry and education, on identified areas for improvement as evidenced through learning walks, observations and college areas for improvement
- Teaching Qualification, L2 Trade Qualification, 2 years' trade experience, Knowledge of Framework, AI/IV.
- Competent in a range of practical construction skills: Bricklaying, Carpentry, Plastering, Tiling, Painting and Decorating.
- Knowledge of Framework and Standards.
The post holder should embody our core values of Professionalism, Equality, Integrity and Accountability. Applicants will be required during the interview process to demonstrate how their skills/competencies meet the requirements for the role, and how they share our core values.