Marine Operations Assistant
An opportunity has arisen for a Marine Operations Assistant to join Shoreham Port to operate our work boats, carry out maintenance and general marine duties.
Main duties, tasks and responsibilities:
- To assist with any operations involving Port craft.
- Assisting with routine patrols within the harbour to inspect Quayside services and safety equipment.
- Assisting with the removal of any debris within the Canal and reporting any Pollution.
- Maintenance duties on board and associated with the Port craft.
- Routine maintenance and operation of marine associated fixed equipment such as tide boards, marina pontoons, watering and oil spill response equipment.
- Any other duties as directed by the Harbour master.
- RYA Powerboat level 2 (with commercial endorsement)
- Driving License
What you'll get from us:
- A competitive salary
- Exceptional defined benefit pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Funded training in a supportive environment
- Other wide ranging benefits
Staff are subject to a full medical and drug and alcohol testing. All successful candidates must comply.
The closing date is the 11 th August 2017, with interviews commencing 21 st August 2017
To find out more about us please visit our website - . For full details about this vacancy and a copy of the job description please visit