Senior Infrastructure Engineer
We have a new exciting opportunity at Saga Group for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our team in Folkestone. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of up to £45,000 per annum plus excellent benefits.
Saga is the UK’s leading provider of insurance, travel, personal finance and healthcare products and services tailored to the needs of the over 50s.
In this role as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will be responsible for providing 3rd line technical support to the business, completion of project tasks and deployment of upgrades to the infrastructure.
Key responsibilities as our Senior Infrastructure Engineer:
- Provide technical support for all incidents and service requests that have been escalated from the 2nd line team (Technical Support Engineer or Operations Engineer roles). Ensure that all incidents and service requests are resolved within the agreed timescales and ensure that the customer is consulted prior to closure
- Participate in the 24x7 call out service as part of the agreed rota system
- Actively drive root cause analysis to reduce the volume of incidents and improve customer service.
- Make recommendations for activities that lead to the improvement of the IT service or systems provided to the business
- Ensure that known errors are accurately recorded and that the recovery procedures are thoroughly documented and shared with members of the IT team
- Provide input into infrastructure capacity and availability reviews and make suggestions to address any concerns
- Identify risks within the applications and infrastructure and make the relevant IT manager aware of the technical risk and impact to the business
- Provide input into the technical design phase within a project, working with the relevant Saga technical team or 3rd party technical team where appropriate. Provide technical design documentation where required
- Build the appropriate levels of resilience into all new solution requirements. Actively seek out areas where there is limited or no resilience and take unprompted action to address
- Collaborate and produce suitable technical and project documentation and produce/revise this documentation where appropriate
- Periodically check for new updates to firmware, software (excluding vulnerability patches), hardware and recommended configuration for supported products and share with the team
- Plan, implement and support firmware, software, hardware and configuration changes following the Saga change approval process at all times
Experience and skills required of our Senior Infrastructure Engineer:
- Must be capable of diagnosing and resolving the root cause of complex issues across the infrastructure estate used within Saga through effective troubleshooting, diagnosis and collaboration with other team members
- Able to apply the controls required within IT Operations to ensure the appropriate levels of monitoring, resilience and performance are achieved
- Someone who takes proactive action to ensure that any incidents escalated to the team are thoroughly investigated to prevent repeat occurrences and enable 1st and 2nd line teams to be able to resolve in future
- Able to take business requirements and accurately build these into solutions
- Able to apply project management techniques to lead and track complex technical deliveries. Works in partnership with the project manager to ensure delivery to agreed timescale, cost and quality criteria.
- Technical expert in the following disciplines:
1. Windows Server (2008/2012/2016)
2. Active Directory
3. VMware vSphere
- Actively working towards, or completed, accreditation in an industry-recognised, technical qualification to specialist/professional level, including:
1. MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2016, Office 365, Windows 10
2. VCP (VMware Certified Professional) Datacenter Virtualisation
- Candidate must have spent at least 4 years working in technical discipline providing 3rd line technical support to the business
- Candidate will have had a lead role in medium to large scale technical projects.
So if you would like to join our team as our new Senior Infrastructure Engineer then please click ‘apply’ today, don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity!