Structural Engineer / Civil Engineer / Steelworks Engineer
Job Title: Structural Engineer
Location: Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent
Salary: £50,000 - £70,000 OTE
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Our Client specialise in the design, manufacture and installation of integrated, future-proofed mezzanine flooring solutions. Their services maximise space and help optimise storage, warehousing & distribution and production processes for today's evolving businesses. Built on 25 years of experience, the Group has recently experienced substantial growth and is continuously looking to bring on new talent.
The company is now recruiting for a Structural Engineer. The focus of this role is on the development and design of the Company's products to client specification as well as the capability to manage large scale projects.
PLEASE NOTE: Our Client will only consider applications from candidates who are eligible to work and live in the UK.
Main Duties include:
- Analyse configurations of basic structural components of a building
- Work closely with the sales team to assist in the completion of tenders for large scale projects
- Provide calculation packages for clients
- Liaise with draughtspersons and detailers regarding steel/connection design
- Completion of site surveys to discuss designs and/or solutions with clients
- Generate structural reports and structural load assessments
- Use computers and computer-aided design (CAD) technology
- Assist in assessing designs and quotations with the view to decrease costs.
Ideal person will have:
- Bachelor of Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Experience within steelworks essential whereas experience within mezzanine flooring would be beneficial
- 5-6 GCSE's at Grade B or above including Maths, Science (Physics) and English
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Above average computer literacy
- Experience of using design software tools such as Tekla Structural Designer, Masterseries, Dlubal.
- Attention to detail is critical
- 3D conceptual skills
- Practical aptitude with methodical approach to detail
- Self-motivated and takes full responsibility for the quality of own work
- Flexibility to multi-task
- Resourceful to provide technical support
- Able to work to deadlines
- Eager to learn
Own transport required as travel to client sites will be expected. Also expected to be able to travel abroad when required.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Structural Engineer, Civil Engineer, Steelworks Engineer, Mezzanine Flooring Engineer, CAD Engineer, Civil and Structural Engineer may also be considered for this role.