Locum Senior Practitioner - Children in Care
Charles Hunter Associates are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Senior Practitioner to join Kent Council's Children in Care Service based in Tunbridge Wells.
This is an urgent requirement so early application is highly recommended. If appointed the post holder would be required to start shortly after interview/ as soon as possible
The council has been rated 'excellent' by the Independent Audit Commission and prides itself on providing staff with consistent support and training and development opportunities.
Role & Key Responsibilities
- Managing a varied Children & Families caseload including assessment, review and preparation of welfare reports and court attendance
- Initiate and develop close working partnerships with statutory agencies, voluntary and private sector agencies, carers and those with parental responsibility
- Inform, advise, counsel and support clients and carers, individually and in group settings, to relieve stress and modify attitudes of behaviour to meet the needs of the client.
- Recruit, train, assess and support adoptive parents and foster carers to ensure that there is a suitable range of placements to meet the needs of children within the District and across the County and to facilitate the adoption and fostering process
Why choose Charles Hunter Associates?
- Your own dedicated specialist consultant
- Access to the widest variety of social work jobs across 180 authorities and private organisations throughout the UK
- Prompt and reliable payroll which runs weekly
- Free access to our online social work training portal with CPD materials - worth GBP500 a year
- Competitive hourly pay rate of up to GBP35 per hour
- Free DBS and compliance service
- GBP250 referral fee if you refer a friend or colleague looking for work
You must have:
- HCPC registration
- Clear, Enhanced DBS
- Social Work Qualification
- Minimum of 3 years post qualifying experience
If you wish apply or would like a detailed Job Description, please contact Helen Rudd on or . Alternatively, you can apply through the website. Managers are looking to interview shortly, so please do not hesitate to give me a call!