Desktop Support Manager
We have a new exciting opportunity at Saga Group for a Desktop Support Manager to join our team based in Folkestone. You will join our team on a full time, 6 month fixed term contract basis and will receive a competitive salary of up to £40,000 per annum (pro rata).
Saga is the UK’s leading provider of insurance, travel, personal finance and healthcare products and services tailored to the needs of the over 50s.
More about the Desktop Support Manager role:
The key responsibility of the Desktop Support Manager is the smooth operation of a team of desktop engineers, whose primary function is to help customers resolve issues with their desktop computers, incident management, continual service improvement and customer satisfaction as well as playing a key role in ensuring the highest level of operational service delivery. As such, they should have considerable experience with personnel management, as well as knowledge of computers and their many possible malfunctions.
The Desktop Support Manager acts as a customer advocate on behalf of the entire IT function, ensuring that customer needs and expectations are understood and properly translated to operational parameters. This role is also expected to have a level of knowledge and experience to act as trusted advisor in recommending improvements to operational activities that will enhance service robustness and reliability.
Key responsibilities as our Desktop Support Manager:
- As a single point of accountability the Desktop Support Manager owns and manages all customer related issues, changes, incidents and escalations through to resolution while ensuring a high standard of Customer Satisfaction is maintained at all times.
- Manage desktop services team, including evaluation and training, track data and write reports on team objectives and metrics, coach engineers through new and routine tasks.
- Monitor and maintain desktop services throughout the organization, assigning resources to ensure operations.
- Responsible for ensuring an effective and efficient level of IT Support is provided within the desktop support environment for in resolving IT related issues or problems.
- To act as a primary point of contact for escalation from a Desktop Support level in times of major system outages, supplier issues and conflict resolution with customers.
- To assist in the technical development and enhancement of customer support systems and Desktop functionality.
- Regularly take responsibility and or take the lead on projects/work streams related to the use of IT systems.
- Responsibility for developing, monitoring and reporting service achievement against contractual and non-contractual performance targets, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operational Level Agreements (OLAs).
- Work collaboratively and co-operatively with internal IT managers to deliver and maintain excellent levels of IT service.
- Ensure all relevant customer interactions are tracked, managed and reported using the appropriate toolset, ensuring timely raising of incident tickets
- Quality checking and auditing of work carried out by the Desktop Support team.
- Be available for out of hours escalation for critical customer issues
Experience and skills required of our Desktop Support Manager:
- ITIL V2/V3 or similar qualification is preferred.
- Educated to A-level or equivalent, degree level preferred
- Broad commercial knowledge, typically gained in blue chip UK enterprises and preferably in the Insurance/Financial sector. Exposure to a wide range of commercial activities with input to strategic business issues at a senior level.
- Fully conversant with managing services within an ITIL service delivery framework
- Experience of managing customer services to SLAs & OLAs
- Proven Project Management experience and knowledge of PRINCE2
- Thorough understanding of relevant technologies underpinning Managed Services
- Confident in the use of Service Management reporting tools for all assigned accounts
- Record of achieving outstanding productivity and quality in IT service management
- Highly analytical in problem solving with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking
- Experience of Process definition and deployment
- Experience within an ITSM capacity
So if you would like to join our team as our new Desktop Support Manager then please click ‘apply’ today, don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity!
Apply for Desktop Support Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly