Contact Centre Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
Contact Centre Manager
National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, Sussex
£33,551.33 per annum Plus Excellent Benefits (starting salary subject to experience)
Permanent, 35 hours per week
Cats Protection is the UK's leading feline welfare charity. We now help around 190,000 cats and kittens through our network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 34 adoption centres and homing centres.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced leader and manager with an excellent understanding of contact centre metrics to take our contact centre into the next stage of its development. The Contact Centre Manager will lead the work of the team, made up of both staff and volunteers, enabling growth of the service. You'll provide professional, prompt and informative assistance to the public across multiple channels.
The main responsibilities of the post holder will be:
- To run Cats Protection's volunteer-based contact centre to ensure all enquiries are answered promptly, professionally and with high quality information
- To lead, manage and motivate the contact centre team, ensuring Cats Protection provides a positive and professional customer experience
- To oversee an external call centre to ensure they provide an efficient, quality service within budget
- To identify and implement improvements to systems, processes and procedures within the contact centre
- Oversee the Paws to Listen grief support service ensuring that the service continues to develop to meet the needs of the public
- Work with the Complaints team to ensure that complaints coming into the contact centre are dealt with effectively using best practice guidelines
- To collate information relating to customer activity for use by relevant departments
- Plan and manage the contact centre budget, maximising the value for money achieved by the charity's expenditure, ensuring that the team remains on budget and ensuring appropriate levels of financial control are in place and adhered to
- To alert the Customer Relations Manager to any emerging customer issues or trends within Cats Protection and within the contact centre industry
- To take part in meetings, events and relevant training either on-site at the National Cat Centre or off-site as required
- Manage the contact centre team in line with Cats Protection HR policies
- Oversee all administrative requirements necessary for the efficient running of the team
In common with all posts, ensure compliance with Cats Protection's policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive. This job description may be subject to review in the light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.
The post holder must have the following essential experience, skills and qualities:
- ‘A' Level standard or equivalent qualifications
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service within a diverse organisation
- Experience in overseeing the work of a contact centre including outsourcing to external call centres
- An excellent understanding of contact centre metrics
- Sound knowledge of contact centre call management and other related technologies
- Experience in leading and managing staff using professional performance management techniques to ensure excellent performance
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A proven ability to multi-task and work unsupervised and accurately, and to build strong relationships
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- The ability to lead a team and work as a team member
- A positive attitude, and a calm and even-keeled temperament to deal with difficult situations
- Be diplomatic, flexible and adaptable
- The ability to travel and prepared to accept occasional overnight stays, and a full driving licence
If you can also offer the following desirable skills and experience, you may be the person for us:
- Experience of working in a volunteering/charity environment
- Skills in integrating new technology such as web chat and social media into existing Helplines
- Experience in managing home-based volunteers
- The ability to identify opportunities for improvement or enhancement to call centre technologies
- An understanding of volunteer working, able to inspire and motivate remote-working volunteers
- An empathy for cats
To reward you we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Closing date: Tuesday 26th September 2017
Interviews: week commencing 2nd October 2017
To apply for the role of Contact Centre Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Contact Centre Manager, Customer Service Manager, Contact Centre Team Leader, Customer Service Supervisor, Customer Care Manager.