An opportunity to join a World Leading Pharmaceutical organisation based in Kent working with state-of-the-art crystallisation techniques. This is a fantastic 12-month contract will provide the opportunity to gain unparalleled experience to further develop your experience within crystallisation.
- Support crystallisation, isolation and drying process development activities of the group through laboratory experiments
- Conduct analysis of product samples for key physical properties including powder X-ray diffraction, optical microscopy, laser diffraction and other relevant techniques.
- Support of technical initiatives that may involve the design, installation, repair, and maintenance of specialized laboratory equipment.
- To adhere to all client standards in the areas of safety, housekeeping and quality, notifying management of any discrepancies. To remain in compliance with the company standards and training requirements.
- To plan own workload with reference to priorities set by the work lead.
- To clearly communicate issues, results and plans with project lead, in project meetings and with other team members.
- To keep an accurate up to date laboratory notebook including interpretation or results, conclusions and next steps
Education / Qualifications
- A 2:1 Chemistry or a related discipline is required. Additional qualifications (MSc, PhD) will be favourable.
Experience / Skills
- Has a strong knowledge of chemistry or chemical engineering with demonstrated strong performance in a laboratory setting.
- Works collaboratively with experienced staff to carry out experiments using automated lab reactors
- Ability plan own work effectively, summarize results from a series of experiments, identify trends and propose follow-up experiments
- Ability to communicate results at team discussions and through clear, concise written reports.
- Ability to maintain an accurate scientific notebook.
- Experience with the scale-up of chemical processes as well as PAT techniques are a plus.
- Good learning aptitude / ability to quickly learn new skills.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills.
Job Title: Crystallisation Scientist
Reference No: 235894
Job Type: 12 month contract
Please apply to Laura Bruce, Consultant; ;
RHL is a specialist Recruitment Consultancy within Life Science talent acquisition.
Recruitment Holdings Ltd (RHL) acts as an Employment Business and as an Employment Agency.