A leading Driver Recruitment Agency requires an experienced Driver Trainer.
He/She will be responsible to cover areas including South London, Essex and Kent and occasionally support the company nationally.
The Overall Objective:
To proactively train and manage new and current workforce at various clients whilst maintaining consistently high standards and best practices.
Monitoring and where required re-training drivers who have gained infringements. Advising drivers and other staff on Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive rules and regulations.
Carrying out accident reviews and remedial training
• Category C+E Driving Licence • Good Standard of Education
• Training Qualification i.e. RTITB, DSA, AET, CET, DET (Or willing to work towards this in a given time scale)
• Superb Knowledge of Drivers Hours Legislation, Working Time Directive Rules, and Road Traffic Legislation
• Providing support to drivers across multiple sites
• Completing an induction with all new Drivers.
• Ensuring that all Drivers are assessed and trained on a regular basis, with regular Re-Assessment as required
• Ensuring all training documentation is complete and up to date.
• Implementing any additional site specific training as required by the clients, and ensuring that all drivers are given additional training in a timely and efficient manner.
• Monitoring, evaluating, reporting and investigating vehicle accidents, ensuring a satisfactory resolution to all outstanding incidents.
• Infringement management and coaching
• Driver observations at store delivery with reference to risk assessments, Health and Safety, giving praise and critique as necessary, with a view to improving the overall standard
• Completing training programmes including DCPC course, manual handling and one to one sessions.
• Liaising with site management and assisting with projects to improve this standard
• Experience of driver training
• Experience of working as HGV driver
• Experience of creating training plans
• Experience of managing administration activities
• Experience of delivering training in a classroom
• Experience of creating training guidelines
• Computer literate with knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office applications, such as PowerPoint, Excel Spreadsheet and Word
• Good geographical knowledge of the UK
• Understanding of driver`s hours regulations
• Understanding of working time directive
• Understanding of the use of digital tachographs
• Health and Safety procedures and Risk Assessments
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced trainer, or a driver wishing to develop their skills, who enjoys developing drivers to an excellent standard. You will work closely with contract and site managers to achieve expectations and in return we will offer further training including:
Client specific assessor training
RTITB, AET, CET, DET (If Not Already Obtained)
You will be supported by other company driver trainers and a manager, which will allow for a holistic approach to training. There will be an expectation of a “Hands On” approach with the opportunity to develop current process and procedures.
The work is predominantly Monday to Friday, but a flexible dynamic enthusiastic passionate approach is required, as working outside of “Normal Office Hours” may be required
H&G Recruitment is one of the country`s leading logistic and driver recruitment experts in the supply chain industry. We have key account contracts with some of the largest blue chip distribution companies, national hauliers and supermarket chains in the country.
Apply for Driver Trainer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly