Community Safety Officer
- Full Time
Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Community Safety Officer to join our team in London. The successful applicant will join us on a full time, fixed term basis and will receive a salary of £31,704 per annum.
Peabody and Family Mosaic have merged, creating a new housing association providing 55,000 homes to 111,000 people across London and the South East. Our combined scale and strong focus on London will uniquely position us to revolutionise housing delivery and redefine best practice - and you will be central to making it happen.
Our principles are simple: we believe in helping people and communities to grow, in estates that are springboards - not safety nets. With operations in nearly every London borough and one of the sector's largest community regeneration programmes, we're always keen to meet talented people who support our ambitions.
Peabody has an opportunity for a Community Safety Officer on a Fixed Term Contract, ending 29 December 2017, to assist in reducing and resolving anti social behaviour, domestic abuse and hate crimes.
Duties of the Community Safety Officer include:
- To develop and maintain relationships with external and internal stakeholders in order to support our customers.
- To advise and support our customers in resolving their queries and issues, ensuring that their expectations are managed and proactive resolutions are identified.
- To assess clients' needs to ensure effective service delivery.
- To update and maintain systems/ records to ensure that information/data is kept up to date and accurate and that KPI's are met.
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation.
- To investigate and manage cases of anti-social behaviour, domestic abuse and hate crime, interviewing where necessary complainants and alleged perpetrators, gathering evidence, preparing notes, dealing with correspondence, Notices of Seeking Possession and witness statements.
- To promote mediation services for pro active resolution of disputes and lower level cases.
- To work with a variety of Peabody staff and external providers to improve safety on our estates through a number of strategies (e.g. major works or community schemes).
Knowledge, Experience & Skills required by the ideal Community Safety Officer:
- Intermediate IT skills (including MS Office) and familiarity with databases and report writing.
- Good knowledge and experience of managing nuisance, hate crimes and domestic abuse.
- Experience in dealing with anti social behaviour in a social housing context including litigation and experience of working in partnership with local authorities and the police.
- Proven ability to deliver excellent customer care.
- Good communication skills in all media.
- Proven ability to work under pressure/to short deadlines whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Clean driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Good negotiator and problem solver.
An Enhanced DBS will be required for this position
Closing date & time: 22nd September 2017- 5pm
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Community Safety Officer please click ‘Apply' now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST